[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.04 (aka The Natty Narwhal) and LAMP

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sun May 1 14:02:25 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-01 12:55, unsolicited wrote:
> Does /usr/share/phpmyadmin/ exist?
Yes - see below

> What does ls -ld /usr/share/phpmyadmin/ say?
>
> Or ls -ld /var/www/phpmyadmin?
>
> e.g. existence and permissions of files/directories, both source and
> destination.

#cd /usr/share
#ls -l

drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 somedate phpmyadmin

#cd /var/www
#ls -l

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 somedate phpmyadmin

So it looks like things (or some things) did get copied over.
(What does the '2' and the '8' refer to?)

Now, with the browser (FF) mapped to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ I no
longer get an error message.
I simply am left with a blank browser window.

I think that I should mention that in the intervening hours I explored
making configuration changes suggested in the other tutorial and which
have their own problems.
These changes were intended to let people map working directories to
work the same as localhost.

I appreciate and understand advice given with respect to tutorials (gain
of salt).
I looked for current (e.g. ubuntu 10.04) and (seemingly) reliable sources.
And I read through (er: skimmed) comments and bug reports - even finding
that one of our own - Ralph Janke - is a contributor to the effort.

Thanks
JohnJ

-----
No virus found in this message.