[kwlug-disc] VERY OT: AA Battery Load Testing?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun May 1 12:51:06 EDT 2011

Deep apologies for the very off-topic post, but I'm guessing there are
some Linux using picture takers in K-W ...

Trying to power up a digital camera.

First 3 sets of 4 AA's I put in (NiMh), it whined, saying 'Change
Batteries' and turned off.

I'm not surprised, but I don't believe all 4 in each set need replacing.

Of course, the DVM shows all good voltages - not that that matters,
it's how much juice is left to suck up in a burst that matters.

What's useful for testing, and where do you get it locally? I assume
load testing, but I'm far into speculation, not knowledge, at this point.

I'd like to easily figure out which particular batteries are the no
longer useful ones. How?