[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 31 09:11:43 EDT 2011

  On 03/30/2011 09:21 PM, Russell McOrmond wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM, unsolicited<unsolicited at swiz.ca>  wrote:
>> Russell - sorry to put you in this position, but is it your impression that
>> Peter Braid tended towards the FOSS perspective, or not?
>    Woops -- I just realised I may have been giving a wrong impression.
> Don't just talk to the "leading" candidates, of those who seem the
> most likely to win.  Talk to all of them.  The more that understand
> the issues, the more they may express this at debates, and the more
> influence these ideas will have on whoever is elected.
>
>    Elections Canada hasn't started publishing the list of candidates
> yet.  I expect to see some Pirate Party folks, and will be curious
> which districts will have one.  Already know there is a PP candidate
> in Ottawa South as he contacted me directly.

Currently, there are candidates who have expressed interest of
running for the Pirate Party of Canada for the Kitchener-Waterloo
riding as well as the Kitchener-Centre riding.

I have invited both candidates to the kwlug meeting on Monday.

A candidate must collect 100 signatures of Electors in their riding
in order to accepted by the election commission. I believe the deadline
for the paperwork is April 10.