[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:21:59 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Russell - sorry to put you in this position, but is it your impression that
> Peter Braid tended towards the FOSS perspective, or not?

  Woops -- I just realised I may have been giving a wrong impression.
Don't just talk to the "leading" candidates, of those who seem the
most likely to win.  Talk to all of them.  The more that understand
the issues, the more they may express this at debates, and the more
influence these ideas will have on whoever is elected.

  Elections Canada hasn't started publishing the list of candidates
yet.  I expect to see some Pirate Party folks, and will be curious
which districts will have one.  Already know there is a PP candidate
in Ottawa South as he contacted me directly.

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://fix.billc32.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"