[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Mar 29 13:45:34 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 03:38:30AM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> There is also an aspect of elections which remind me of job
> interviews, which are also manipulative (and yet which we seem to
> accept as necessary in life).

If you found out that a job applicant tried to trick you into hiring
him, would you still hire him?

> > I think we should rise above that.
>
> Sure. Then we'll lose again. I have plenty of experience with losing
> political battles because I took the high ground.

We haven't lost yet. :-)  It's true that that is due to forces out of
our control, but that's not a reason to give up.

Maybe we should have a "fake debate" right here on the list, and try
to find an optimum questioning strategy.

I'll start (and I might lose!) :-)

	"Mr. Candidate, which is more important in your view: the rights
	of the artist, the rights of the recording corporation, or the
	rights of the consumer?  Or do you view them as all equal?"

- Chris