[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:17:06 EDT 2011

In terms of official government use of FLOSS software and
technologies, I think appealing to the elected officials is quite
irrelevant.  They don't make decisions like that in the House of
Commons.  They decide to spend money on Parliament infrastructure, it
gets sent to their IT departments and various consultants, who come up
with a solution and say "this is how much we spent on it".  And
frankly our PM and MPs do have far more important matters to deal
with.  Furthermore even making them understand the underlying concepts
of FLOSS is gonna take time better spent.  Spend the time going after
the people actually making IT decisions for the government.  It sure
isn't the House of Commons.

Other related topics like copyright legislation are quite relevant.  I
can't believe we get a third chance to poke them about this one.

Brent