[kwlug-disc] netalyzr/ispgeeks interpreting [was: Re: Reliable Broadband speed test]

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:50:40 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Cedric Puddy <cedric at thinkers.org> wrote:
> Yeah, agreed, TOR end nodes are best set up on dedicated IP
> addresses that do not share with other non-TOR traffic.

You can run a non-exit TOR node can't you? It's not as great, because
you're not allowing people to hop out of the TOR network, but you can
still act as a cog in the machine and contribute a set amount of
bandwidth.

P.S. Apparently the NSA runs a healthy number of TOR exit nodes. Why?
Because most people are silly enough to run unencrypted traffic
through TOR. (I.E. If you connect to a server via telnet, but through
TOR, you're still going to get owned.)