[kwlug-disc] FF Queue remains bumped? Re: [kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Firebug, Clutter, LVM

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 6 01:49:45 EST 2011

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 12:04:42AM -0500, unsolicited wrote:
> Paul Nijjar wrote, On 03/05/2011 4:24 AM:
> .
>
> WHAT!
>
> So why did the original poster of the floss fund change request not post
> that news (8 days) to the list?

I probably should have mentioned something. I did check on the status
a few days after I bumped the queue (I was checking the Humble
Bundle stats obsessively too.) But I only found out by going to the
website again.

If this situation comes up again then hopefully we will learn from
this and let others know. Having said that, I share your lack of
strong feelings. My preference would have been to avoid a debumping,
because a lot of FLOSS Fund rearranging might make LUG members think
that the Secret Cabal had gone mad with power.

Incidentally, the cabal added the following clause to the FLOSS Fund
whim of the shadowy cabal. They can override the above rules for any
reason, including but not limited to going mad with power. (So much
for the Magna Carta...)"

- Paul

P.S. The in-joke in question is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdt4AfSqqg

Just don't be dumb and start clicking all the suggested links. Learn
from my bad life decisions.