[kwlug-disc] d-link router ssh problems

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Jun 30 13:27:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:49:46AM -0400, Chris Bruner wrote:
> It is a wireless router, but the computer where I noticed the error is a
> direct connect. Same configuration as the linksys.

So the two machines have no wireless points between them?

	your machine ---wire---> router -----> internet ------> other machine

or
	your machine ---wire---> router ---WIFI---> other machine

> So I left top running on a server that was having problems.  No
> problems. Then I let the directory sit for a few hours. still no problems.
>
> The problem has magically gone away...

Interesting!   If you start a new ssh connection, does the problem
come back, if you don't run top?  i.e. does top just temporarily fix
the issue?

- Chris