[kwlug-disc] (Offtopic) Acanac cable internet anyone?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jun 27 14:32:00 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Jason Locklin <locklin.jason at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 10:03 -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> > Anyone have any experience / reasons not to go with Acanac?
>
> I would have replied directly if the poster's email was listed, the
> following is off topic and probably uninteresting for anyone not looking
> for Internet service.

Actually, I am glad that you posted this info here, since I am considering
switching from Rogers, and evaluating alternatives.

Rogers has become worse over the past 8-10 months or so.

I am not sure exactly what it is, but there are signs of random throttling,
and
perhaps DNS issues as well (for example, browser says "Looking up X"
mostly on some Facebook CDNs, all the time).

So, looking for options in Waterloo, and seems as far as cable is concerned,
Acanac is the best option?

Keep them flowing ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin