[kwlug-disc] Local ISP No Limits and No Usage Charges (Oksana Goertzen)

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Jun 10 12:17:42 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-10 11:55, Jason Locklin wrote:
> EyeSurf is totally different, relying on it's own local telephone
> infrastructure so is local only, but far more independent.
Found in the www.dslreports.com forums:
"eyesurf IS fibernetics. same people just rebranded for residential
connections"

So the DSL infrastructure mentioned above is the Fibernetics network
infrastructure.
Fibernetics is a CLEC.

For phone service they have VoIP over their DSL and something called ViP
that looks like POTS.
I am still looking to see how they provide POTS over the local loop w/o
VoIP.
Maybe VoIP-to-POTS equipment at the CO?

jsquared