[kwlug-disc] Dump skype on Monday night

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jun 8 00:00:26 EDT 2011

Well, John Kerr and I tried to use SIP softphones, but it seems the
LOL-security was just too strict.

I was using the Linphone client with my Ekiga account (
BobJonkman at ekiga.net ), and could make an out-bound call to the Ekiga
callback test number ( sip:520 at ekiga.net ) but could not receive the
callback.

John and I tried to make a peer-to-peer connection, but that was also
unsuccessful.  Perhaps the softphones need to make contact with a server
before handing off in a p2p session.

Joe Wennechuk pointed out that if I had set up a VPN to my home server I
would have had the equivalent of a client outside the LOL-security zone,
and John might have been able to connect to me.  Maybe next time...

--Bob.