[kwlug-disc] zim wiki - android version / equivalent?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jul 14 13:53:20 EDT 2011

Chris Irwin wrote, On 07/14/2011 1:15 PM:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 19:38, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com
> <mailto:kb at 2bits.com>> wrote:
>
>     And Google Calendar already syncs with the calendar app on Android.
>
>     I have not seen tasks synced yet, but would be surprised if it comes
>     out soon.
>

> Calendar: I'm using Google Calendar as it syncs with my webos and
> android device.

Nothing for PalmOS(5) at this point?
	Hmmm. Not sure I want it to. Maybe. Given the rich functionality of
tasks / datebk / agendus / gtd, and the lack of that functionality in
google, a google import might be ok, but I suspect burping would be
problematic afterwards. A separate google calendar app might be ok to
catch other public google calendars, but that's a separate beastie, I
think. (OTOH, if google had the rich functionality, then that would be
welcome, and a migration path off Palm.)

> On android I also have "Simple Calendar Widget" that
> gives a nice calendar display in the background (nicer to look at than
> the built-in calendar widget). On my computer I use 'gcalcli', a
> command-line interface.

Does this interact with anything, e.g. google?

zim wiki, it seems to me, is a two-pane outliner. And a rich one at
that. As Raul points out.

Anyone using tiddlywiki, including plugins, on Palm / WebOS / Android?

> Tasks: I'm currently using google's tasks functionality for this, though
> it is extremely basic in regards to functionality. I'm using an app
> called 'gtasks' to sync the tasks to my android device (also provides a
> nice widget). I haven't found anything for my palm. I haven't found any
> decent command-line interface to it either.

What is gtasks sync'ing to? Evolution?

> I don't use the tasks very often as I find it a pain to use.

Tasks seem to be an acquired taste (and discipline). Google's version
of tasks make acquiring that taste hard. It doesn't help that the idea
of tasks impinges upon the ideas of project management and the idea
that there are many more tasks/things that one can/should do. Which
can easily overwhelm the PIM/tasks interface, burying the 'now' in a
lot of annoying extraneous (for that moment) background noise.