[kwlug-disc] CSS: varying colours based on inheritance

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 7 10:25:40 EDT 2011

Paul,

SASS (which is a CSS like language which compiles into CSS, might be
helpful)
http://sass-lang.com/docs.html

It lets you set variables, and then do various extra operations. Such as
operations on colours.
http://sass-lang.com/docs/yardoc/file.SASS_REFERENCE.html#color_operations

This is big in the Ruby/Rails community, but it is being used in other
frameworks, too.
You can also compile it manually, or whatever framework you are working
with might already support it.

Andrew