[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Jan 31 03:12:19 EST 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:40:52 -0500, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net>
wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 02:22:49PM -0500, Kyle Spaans wrote:
>> Other options appear to be a company called EyeSurf?
>
> Glad to see this discussion on the list.
>
> My question is, does anyone know of any ISP that will automatically
> disconnect your line for the rest of the month when you hit the limit,
> instead of charging "insurance" or an additional fee?
>
> The additional fees seem excessive, and I'd rather not have to even
> worry about them.

Don't know of any, not sure I'd want them to - unless they could pick the
nature of the traffic. (Not sure I even want to have that discussion with
them, either!)

You might check your router and/or torrent client for some useful setting.

IIRC, for me it's $2/GB over the cap, max'ing out at $25/month.

So, if I'm going to go over, and can allow smtp, www, and the like, I'm ok
with that. I doubt those few would cost me more than the first $2. (I don't
do streaming, and VERY little You Tube.)