[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jan 30 21:53:18 EST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 21:46:40 -0500, Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com>
wrote:
> On 11-01-30 09:34 PM, rbclemen at gmail.com wrote:
>> Let Bell have it's outdated copper infrastructure. Just allow an actual
>> competitor that doesn't inherently line Bell's pockets attempt to
>> compete. I would pay 80 bucks a month flat for an unencubered, uncapped
>> 1Mbit connection at this point. Let someone offer me that.  Look
offered
>> 10 times that for 80 bucks.
>>

> Get one of those Rogers door to door sales drones to sign up for with
> their Small Business package... you'll get much more than that for
> $80/month.

Will they do that to residences? (As far as I know, not.)

I'm on Rogers (residence) [no choice], it's still capped, and still
filtered.

I'd switch, but the Bell lines into here are useless, and the idea of
paying a dry loop fee (any more $$$ than I have to going to Bell), makes me
nauseous. Some day I may hold my nose though.