[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Sun Jan 30 20:08:21 EST 2011

On 11-01-30 02:22 PM, Kyle Spaans wrote:
> I got an email last night from Teksavvy telling me that as of March 1,
> my internet will be Usage Based Billed: 25GB monthly bandwidth
> cap at $1.90/GB for every GB over the cap...
>
> As much as I like Teksavvy and know that this isn't their fault, I'm

Woah, I must have misunderstood something.  As I remember when I first
read about the CRC decision, The UBB Bell is allowed to charge was to be
capped at something reasonable up to 300GB Usage. (about $30, though I'm
pulling that from memory)...

TekkSavvy, OTOH, seems ready to charge hundreds of dollars unless you
prepay monthly "Insurance".. Unless I missed something important, I
think they are taking advantage of blaming Bell and CRC for a massive
cash grab.