[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavv

Unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jan 30 19:31:36 EST 2011

On Sun, January 30, 2011 3:57 pm, Pete Dixon wrote:
> I've been using Eysurf for phone and Net since the beginning of the year
> and
> like them a lot. Much cheaper than Bell.
>
> There was a a brief 2 hr network outage in the first week but other than
> that it's been clear sailing. All phone features, free long distance in
> Canada, unlimited downloads and good speed and no throttling. Hard to
> beat.
> Apparently they are independent of Bell's restrictions ( I asked).

When people say 'phone' these days, such as the above, do you mean
'normal' (Bell) land line or VoIP?

I noticed on my last Bell land line bill that Call Answer (Voice Mail) and
Call Display have both gone up again. I also note Unlimitel includes both
with their service. If people mention their phone service, it would be
useful if they also note calling features they get with it.