[kwlug-disc] FLOSS Fund/March Presentation

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Thu Jan 27 09:35:31 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> We are down to our last FLOSS Fund nominee. I could come up with some
> projects to nominate for future months, but it would be great if you
> found something worthy and nominated it. You appreciate free and
> open-source software, right? Show it!

Look at me getting involved! It's my first FLOSS fund nomination. I added a nominee to the site, Firebug. It's a Firefox add-on that provides inspection and editing of live web pages. It displays computed styles and shows in which style sheet line a style attribute was set.

> Also, we still need a third 20-minute presentation for March. People
> said that they appreciated shorter presentations, but in order to make
> that a reality we need more brave presenters to step forward each
> month. Surely you have some useful Linux-related topic to demonstrate?
> Be brave!

I could offer a few options:

  A quick glance at ZFS
  Firebug Overview