[kwlug-disc] maintaining vs upgrading

rbclemen at gmail.com rbclemen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:27:32 EST 2011

Because not everyone wants to go thru the trouble, downtime, and risk of an upgrade. Apparently there are still very important functions of our financial infrastructure that are running the exact same code since the MS-DOS era.  Because it works. Microsoft's required updates screwed over UW a couple of years ago because their licence demanded update which broke some lab software. Mandriva is providing an opt-in-to-opt-out path for those people

Brent