[kwlug-disc] maintaining vs upgrading

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri Jan 21 16:09:14 EST 2011

Mandriva 2010.2 Powerpack seems to have been released today for all you
Mandriva fans (I think that's pretty much just me these days).

I noticed that Mandriva has a maintenance option:
http://store.mandriva.com/product_info.php?cPath=149&products_id=490

Does that not seem odd?  Why would I subscribe to get continued updates
on a previous version instead of subscribing to current versions. It's
not like MS where new versions are  a new OS, the different versions on
Mandriva are pretty much seamless transitions.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious as to why that would make sense to do.