[kwlug-disc] mythtv hardware

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Thu Jan 20 18:16:56 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 17:52 -0500, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> [...]

The latest versions of MythTV (Mythbuntu to be precise), are pretty much
plug and play for standard IR remotes like this one Adam previously
mentioned:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_242&item_id=027737

-and for XBMC as well, as I recently and pleasantly discovered.

The keyboard mappings on MythTV are "UNIX-like" in their anti-intuitive
nature to say the least
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html ).  A good remote is a
must.  Also, I find using VNC from a laptop for the odd typing job is
handy.  And for the Android fans, there is Mythmote
( http://code.google.com/p/mythmote/ ).  I see it as a way to get to 0
remotes for the home entertainment system.