[kwlug-disc] ls -a, huh?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Sat Jan 1 16:15:33 EST 2011

I just had some problems with my desktop(bad update) and ended up
reinstalling linux on my HD.  In the process, I left my home directory
unformatted, so after the install I actually hadn't lost anything - all
my data was there.

However, now when I issue the command "ls -a" in my home directory, the
command just sits there. I actually have to close the terminal window,
ctrl-C does nothing.

'ls' works fine in my home directory.  And 'ls -a' works fine in other
directories other than my home directory.  So it's just the 'a'
attribute, and just in my home directory.

Any grand ideas what I should do other than get used to not using -a?

g.