[kwlug-disc] Asterisk: SIP vs IAX

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:05:23 EST 2011

I have just put $25 into my account for some testing.  I managed to set up a
DID and get Asterisk working with two Ekiga soft phones at home.  I'm
planning to pick up an ATA to make a few test calls from a regular analog
phone...

Setup was rather simple, once I managed to wrap my head around what I was
doing... :P  I ended up with AsteriskNOW!, which includes the FreePBX web
frontend.  Now I just need to get MythTV to pop up on screen when we get
calls. :)