[kwlug-disc] mythtv & netflix

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 18:50:34 EST 2011

Sometimes it is sad to be right:

Check the date: 2008

http://rarsa.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
_________________
Twitter: rarsamx
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/

----- Original Message ----
From: L.D. Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com>
To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
Sent: Sun, February 20, 2011 12:15:40 PM
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] mythtv & netflix

Thanks for the info and link.

I like how these guys drag out the "fragmented platform" spiel to
explain why they do not support Android.  Sounds like a synonym for
"picked a non-standard *and* proprietary content delivery system that we
can't port".

Anyway, streaming video over wifi from a VLC server to an Android device
works reasonably well with VLC Stream and Convert
( https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gmail.traveldevel.android.vlc.app
).  Have not tried over 3G yet.