[kwlug-disc] ITIL Certified? [Was: Re: CMDB practical experience?]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Feb 20 21:03:59 EST 2011

I took a couple of ITIL courses, and the thing that dismayed me most of
all is that ITIL methodology, procedures, practices and possibly even
the vocabulary is proprietary. I would be surprised if applications
could be "certified" for ITIL without paying large amounts of
kickb^H^H^H^H^H license fees to the ITIL trademark owners, unlikely to
happen in FLOSS.  And since the ITIL materials are proprietarily
licenced, ITIL would be incompatible with Free Software licences, which
encourage sharing, modification and redistribution.

But I would be pleased to learn otherwise.

--Bob.