[kwlug-disc] Terrible hit for FOSS - FUD wins again!

Michael Savage msavage at golden.net
Wed Feb 16 17:24:37 EST 2011

No more desktop Linux systems in the German Foreign Office:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/No-more-desktop-Linux-systems-in-the-German-Foreign-Office-1191122.html

  Quote: "Users have, it claims, also complained of missing
functionality, a lack of usability and poor interoperability." end quote.

This is what I see all the time. I have tried to setup new people with
linux, thunderbird, open office etc, to no avail. In every case its
where is my this, that or the other. Even though with each iteration of
ms office, things get harder to do or find, mail merge is a good
example, people still want their word.

It is really sad, they won't give FOSS a chance, they would rather learn
office all over again every new version from MS!

Just my 2 cents,
Mike