[kwlug-disc] voip questions

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Thu Feb 10 22:34:15 EST 2011

To move your existing number to voip you need to select an itsp that support
number portability. Unlimitel provides that.

To connect you home phone wiring to an asterisk box, or an itsp if you don't
have an asterisk box, you need an ATA, analog telephony adapter, one with an
FXS port. Linksys and dlink are two manufacturers of those.