[kwlug-disc] Asterisk: Ekiga

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 09:36:12 EST 2011

Can someone volunteer to help me test my Asterisk/Ekiga integration
configuration?

Background:
I've configured Asterisk to be able to send and receive calls from the
Ekiga.net network.

- I can successfully call the Ekiga echo test (500 at ekiga.net)
- I can receive calls from Ekiga into asterisk to be routed appropriately.

The "problem" I have is that I can only test with computers inside my
network which is not a fair test and it's giving me some problems:
The internal extension can hear the call from the ekiga account
The caller from the ekiga account cannot hear the internal extension

I'm thinking it has to do with the firewall as both may be trying to use
the same ports and that's why I need someone to help me test from the
outside.

If this is something that seems interesting in such a snowy day, please
let me know and I can give you my phone # so we can coordinate.

Regards,

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices