[kwlug-disc] Hitting Bell / Rogers where it hurts?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Feb 3 10:10:13 EST 2011

On 11-02-03 08:53 AM, John Johnson wrote:

> IMO: We will not see nationalization of the internet infrastructure in
> whole or it part anytime soon. But we should not relax in our efforts
> to lobby for fair billing - whatever that may be.

I think the market is healthy enough that free market will create fair
billing, with the one large caveat that Bell and Rogers not be allowed
to exclude Digital TV (and VoIP) alternatives, which is the real driving
force behind these usage caps.... (Internet limited to make Internet TV
prohibitively expensive, but Bell and Rogers just happen to have their
own Digital TV that is not affected......)