[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Feb 1 17:35:12 EST 2011

http://business.financialpost.com/2011/02/01/liberals-slam-crtc-on-usage-based-billing/

> Liberals slamming the CRTC decision and vowing to bring it before
> parliament.

Thanks for the link.

I find interesting:

“Allowing the Internet Service Providers to ding you every time you
download is a rip-off,” said Mr. Angus in a statement dated January 20,
five days prior to the CRTC validating the UBB regime it first imposed
last October. “Canada is already falling behind other countries in terms of
choice, accessibility and pricing for the Internet.”

Yet, as has been noted in other threads, short of an election call, the
copyright bill (C32?) will probably go through, at which point such
downloads will be ... problematic?

OTOH ... the quote above means a debate with respect to "How much
downloading is appropriate?" should begin, in theory. Good luck on that
one.