[kwlug-disc] Hitting Bell / Rogers where it hurts?

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:08:52 EST 2011

Here is one to consider:

160GB of file transfer at 5Mbit continuous would take about 24 hours,
and at $1.90 a gigabyte would cost 304 bucks.

A 160GB SSD harddrive costs about 300 bucks.  overnight shipping for
that drive would cost about 20 bucks.  So you can use the postal
service to ship a harddrive with the data, copy the data off the drive
at the destination and THROW THE DRIVE IN THE GARBAGE, and it costs
approximately the same as Bell wants to charge us for using the
internet?

Brent