[kwlug-disc] UBB hold the phone

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Feb 1 15:05:22 EST 2011

Even if it's true that the ISPs don't have to charge based on usage,
Teksavvy and any of the other DSL providers are still required to stay
within the CRTC tariffs (which were established in January, so don't
quote to me the tariff decision from 2010).

The CRTC documents are difficult to understand.  If Teksavvy does come
up with a different pricing structure they'll be shat on by Bell, who
will trump up some way to show they're violating the CRTC tariff
decision.  There's enough turmoil for the ISPs right now - they've had
to change their entire billing system to accommodate the UBB charges.
Far better that they conform precisely to the CRTC tariffs than risk
further expense in fighting Bell beligerence and CRTC regulations.

--Bob.