[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:38:11 EST 2011

Lest anyone thing Bell Canada is too hard done by, keep in mind the
Government of Canada handed them their monopoly by providing them free
right-of-way to lay their copper on private lands all across the
country.  If you're a free market purist, you should be demanding they
pay rents.

What the government should have done is broken up Bell to prevent it
being both a wholesaler and a retailer.  It's an obvious conflict of
interest that a state-sanctioned monopoly shouldn't be allowed to get
away with.

Darcy.