[kwlug-disc] Advice on Buying a Ubuntu-Friendly Computer

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 31 20:56:26 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 09:59:10AM -0500, Ryan McGreal wrote:

> This is my first post on the kwlug list, so apologies if this isn't the
> right place to ask: I'm looking to buy a new desktop computer and install
> Ubuntu on it, and I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on what
> processors/graphics cards etc play nice.

Welcome! This is the right place to ask.

I do not have a great sense about what is current, but one factor that
is relevant is whether you are willing to run proprietary graphics
drivers on your machine.

Also relevant: which versions of Ubuntu are you hoping to run? It
sounds as if you want to stay bleeding-edge.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org