[kwlug-disc] OCZ Revodrive (PCIe x4) vs. SATA3 SSD (6Gbps)?

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:37:00 EST 2011

Not yet ;^) but there are some good reviews on www.anandtech.com

> I'm curious whether by-passing SATA controller makes any real world difference.
> On paper, both Revodrive and SATA3 SSD are 500MB/s.  The only difference
> is Revodrive is PCIe card, and regular SSD is 2.5" SATA3 harddisk.

Not only that, keep in mind that the PCIe bus has more bandwidth than
the bus the SATA controller is usually on. The question that remains:
is the SSD and OS etc fast enough to push more bits that you could get
from the SATA3 bus anyway?