[kwlug-disc] Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W - your experience?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 23 18:20:36 EDT 2011

Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W?

Anything good or bad to comment upon - decent speed, times of reduced
speed, installation issues, or other problems?

(Which city? As far as I can tell all of Waterloo, but only part of
Kitchener, goes out through Roger's Grand Crest Place facility. The
rest of Kitchener goes out ... I forget where.)

If you note problems, it would be useful to know if you think the
problem lies with Acanac or (the underlying) Rogers - I'm guessing
many cable problems are Roger's induced, beyond the control of Acanac
to affect.

Too, I'd like to separate installation problems from any other
problems - it seems to me that installation is a hump to get over, but
once accomplished are over and done with.

Your experiences, P&TY?