[kwlug-disc] (OT election stuff!) Re: Bill C-32 and my visit to Peter Braids office

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:46:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM,  <ldoneill at golden.net> wrote:
> I don't think that the issue is if Peter Braid wants to speak to issues.  He
> is not allowed.

  That may explain activities (or lack) during the election, but not
activity (or lack) for instance during committee hearings.   He was
one of the most quiet and uninvolved members of the C-32 committee.
There were other Conservatives that were quite agressive, even
directly taking on famous peole like Margaret Atwood (I happened to
agree with the MPs on that one).

  An MP is supposed to have constituents as their first boss, and the
party second.  Being someone who just attends parliament and is a
place-holder for a party doesn't make them a good representative of a
riding.

  While I don't know for certain who I would vote for if I was in the
KW riding, I know who I wouldn't be voting for.

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://creform.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"