[kwlug-disc] Bill C-32 and my visit to Peter Braids office

Rob S. mr_semantics at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 06:31:50 EDT 2011

> Unfortunately, and I say this in all seriousness, It's unlikely you'll be able
> to talk to Peter Braid. He seems uninterested on talking with voters. At least
> with those that may or may not vote for him.
>
> He's been missing All candidate debates and today he didn't attend the cultural
> exchange at the museum. All other candidates were there.

I would not say that he is not interested at all.  I have actually seen him out going door to door.  That is actually the reasonhe gave for not attending at least on all candidates debate - that he preferred meeting with people in door to door fashion.  Can't sayI blame him either.  In a debate, it is just a bunch of people looking to score points, and often the issues don't even get addressed properly at all.  It seems to me that some people naturally do better in the pressure cooker debate format as well.  Just because a person does not debate well (and this is my guess about Mr. Braid, without any proof whatoever) does not mean he cannot be an MP.  Lots of MPs do their work well enough behind the scenes, and let the "big guys" in parliament do the debating in the house.