[kwlug-disc] Natty Release & Linux / WinXP coexist

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Wed Apr 27 17:22:27 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-23 08:30, John Johnson wrote:
> (A second HDD for apps and data could be in the mix later.)

Thanks to all who contributed much needed - and appreciated - advice.
I decided to defer the "Linux / WinXP coexist" in favour of becoming one
with the list and having a Linux.
I exercised the option of installing Linux on a dedicated HDD (which
came to me through the list and was waiting for a home.)

I am up and running with Ubuntu 11.04 aka Natty. On the RAM starved PC.
Already, because of h/w limitations, one GUI is disabled leaving me with
the Classic I/F.
But, because I do not now the diff, I am ok with this.

I will explore the "Linux / WinXP coexist" at a later date.
And other Linux options if required.

Next: Explore apps, e.g. Screen, SSH, Window Managers (as suggested), etc.

Thanks again.
JohnJ

-----
No virus found in this message.