[kwlug-disc] Natty Release & Linux / WinXP coexist

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 20:07:45 EDT 2011

----- Original Message ----
From: John Johnson <jvj at golden.net>
To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
Sent: Mon, April 25, 2011 11:36:28 AM
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Natty Release  & Linux / WinXP coexist

> Opening the flood gates: OS Recommendations please.
> CPU: Athalon 2.1 GHz; RAM: 512 MB; HDD: 160 GB (~100 GB avail for Linux)

> Please recall that I am comfortable with the command line.

> But I would like to play with a minimum GUI and apps like Screen.

You were in the right track, If you feel comfortable with Ubuntu, based on your
description of what you are planning to do it will meet your needs.

A linux is a linux is a linux. To me, the main difference between distributions
are the management utilities.

Install Ubuntu, you'll like it. Whatever you learn there you'll be able to
extrapolate to other distributions if eventually you need to change.

Going to the Natty release party to have it installed and kick started is a
great idea and one of the main purposes of such event.

 Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices