[kwlug-disc] Free Wiki hosting sites?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 5 01:25:27 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 01:17:17AM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> Seems like twiki, or I guess foswiki now, offers the greatest
> flexibility / functional possibilities.

Maybe it is better now, but when I used Twiki for an organization we
despised it. Among other things, it was hideous to upgrade because it
mixed standard code/pages with user-generated ones.

> I can see that WYSIWYG, page permissions, and editing history are
> potentially important elements. Blogging and forums may also be.
>
> Anyone know of free wiki hosting sites out there?

A garden project I belong to used the following:
http://www.wikidot.com/

I don't have many commnents about it other than that it exists.

If your subject is related to FLOSS then Sourceforge has free
Mediawiki and Trac hosting.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org