[kwlug-disc] government record on tech, copyright

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Apr 4 17:24:30 EDT 2011

John Kerr wrote, On 04/03/2011 10:12 PM:
> Hi Gang
>
> I do not like the bottom half of the copyright act. ...>
> And the Conservatives did bring the CRTC to task about the UBB.
.
.
.

Please don't assume that whatever was done wouldn't have been done by
the other guy. Arguably, whatever 'success' was had was had in spite
of them, not because of them. (This is always true, regardless of who
is in at the time.)

> As a former NDP supporter, now supporting the Conservatives the
> best way to describe me is a Red Tory, and there are still lots of
> us around, not every conservative "worships" the Bay Street suits.

And with this message and thread, I think we have gone far across the
line of partisanship that Paul noted earlier.