[kwlug-disc] government record on tech, copyright

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 4 11:39:16 EDT 2011

> I'm by no means in favour of TPM's or UBB but how the Conservatives
> responded to these issues was not motivated by their collective
> understanding of the technological issues at stake brought about by
> the swell of public feedback. They were motivated by self interest and
> political polling.

... and in particular because they had a minority government, which
made them pay more attention to polling and the public mood than they
would have needed to otherwise.

It will be interesting to see how they will govern differently when/if
they get their majority. My feeling is that this series of minority
governments has been a moderating force (with both good sides and bad
sides) but I could be wrong.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org