[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 1 23:27:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 11:10:25PM -0400, Darryl O'Neill wrote:

> But it is a free country so vote for who you want. At least it is a
> free country until Stephen Harper gets a majority. Then he will make
> sure that only the rich can have a say in the government. Big oil has
> a lot of money to say that global warming doesn't exist and that the oil
> projects out west are not hurting the environment.

Oh dear. Here comes the slippery slope of partisanship (I guess it was
there before with the Green Party talk, too).

In all of this election brouhaha I hope we can all stay friends. One
of the things I like about Linux people is that we get along despite
diametrically opposed political (and other) views.

I'm not trying to pick on Darryl too much. But this post crossed a
threshold for me, and it would be nice if we could avoid flamewars
even though there is plenty of tinder around.

- Paul