[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:26:38 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 3. Did I mention "one issue" parties?

  Having been involved in smaller parties in the past, I want to
suggest they aren't always "one issue" parties.  I wouldn't put the
Green Party as a one-issue party, but a party that uses a different
philosophy for making decisions.  It is less of a "one issue" party
than something like the Reform or Bloc, both of which have had seats
in the house.

  If you want to dive into participating with the larger parties,
please do so.  But it is far better for someone to participate in a
smaller party than to not be excited about voting or elections at all.
All politics is a great learning opportunity.

BTW: Just like not all infringements are a lost sale, not all votes
for a small party are a "split vote".

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://fix.billc32.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"