[kwlug-disc] Lucid is disappointing .. was Android everywhere ...

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Sep 17 10:16:52 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Andrew Kohlsmith (mailing lists account) <
aklists at mixdown.ca> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:06:25 pm Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > I don't see pulse running on my laptop.
>
> Really? in your System Settings, under Multimedia, what do you have listed
> (and in what order) ?  PulseAudio seemed to be a given no matter what on my
> system.

I am on KDE.

Under System Settings -> Multimedia, The Device Preference tab just has
various HDA Intel devices.

The Backend tab says Xine.

There is no mention of Pulse anywhere.

Under KDE 3.5, I used to be able to select OSS or ALSA somewhere in
settings. I don't see that anymore on KDE 4.x. Not that I care much, since
audio works except for when Flash hogs it.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.