[kwlug-disc] [To keep Bob delirious.] Was, & still could be: Re: New geek in the area

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Sep 10 01:03:06 EDT 2010

It's not true bonding, so you're right that any one connection would max
out at 5 Mbps.  But even the lowly Web browser sustains at least four
simultaneous connections.  Try downloading a page with many large
graphics; you'll see them render in groups of four.  So a single browser
can aggregate to 20 Mbps, even with just one person at the keyboard.  It
works even better for Bittorrent, for which there can be hundreds of
connections to transfer a single file.

--Bob.