[kwlug-disc] New geek in the area

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Sep 9 10:17:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 09:58, Insurance Squared Inc.
<gcooke at insurancesquared.com> wrote:
> I just called Teksavvy.  I guess we pay for two loops, say $10 each, two
> internet connections at say $32 each, then $4 for the MLPPP.  Drop in a
> special modem, and boom, we've got twice the speed.
>
> That gets me to 10megabits, so I'm definitely going to look into it.

Next year we should *hopefully* start seeing some increased DSL speeds
from Teksavvy and other third-party ISPs based on the CRTC wholesale
ruling this week.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/856384--geist-competition-concerns-drive-crtc-internet-provider-policy

--
Chris Irwin