[kwlug-disc] New geek in the area

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Sep 8 23:26:25 EDT 2010

Andrew Dekker wrote, On 09/08/2010 9:19 PM:
>  Hey there. A note on ISP
> fastbits.ca They piggy back on bell as bell owns the telephone lines. My
> service is unlimited and uncapped for $35 a month. Its been a lot more
> stable and faster than my previous subscription to Rogers.

What speed level were you at on Rogers? i.e. You're not comparing
Rogers 1Mbps vs. fastbits.ca 5Mbps (?) are you? Just checking.

Rogers use to be something like 1/2, 1, 3, 7, 10 Mbps (checking now,
they say 1/2, 3, 10, 15, 25, 50), so I'm puzzled how fastbits can be
faster, unless you were on Express or less.